Change (and Dollars) In Your Community
Nonprofits, government agencies invited to vote for projects
Nearly a dozen community improvement project teams will pitch ideas to their peers as they vie for hundreds of thousands of dollars in funding at Sourcewell's annual Community Impact Funding Review Day on June 16.
Leaders and staff from local government and nonprofit organizations are invited to attend Review Day. For the safety of all participants, Review Day will be held online. This means you can attend from the comfort of your home office or place of business.
Following presentations from each funding applicant, attendees have an opportunity to ask questions, then cast their vote. The projects with the most votes are forwarded on to the Sourcewell Board of Directors for final approval.
Preregistration is required to participate for both Review Day events. Only those affiliated with government and nonprofit agencies can vote; however, anyone from the public can attend and listen. Find additional details at sourcewell.co/fundingreview.
Nonprofit Review Day
When: June 16, 2021 – 9-11:30 a.m.
Who: Staff and board members of nonprofit organizations in our five-county area of service (Cass, Crow Wing, Morrison, Todd, and Wadena counties)
Projects to be reviewed:
- SMILE (Supporting, Mentoring, Inspiring, Life in Everyone): Cuyuna Regional Medical Center and Smiles for Jake – $100,000
- Lakes Area Housing Security Program: Bridges of Hope, Lutheran Social Services, and Legal Aid Service of Northeastern MN – $100,000
- Neurofeedback Brain Retraining: Lakes Area Pregnancy Support Center and Sexual Assault Services – $100,000
- Legal Services for Crime Victims: Central Minnesota Legal Services and Hands of Hope Resource Center – $99,890
- Meeting Unmet Needs through Volunteer Sharing: Minnesota Alliance for Volunteer Advancement, Horizon Health, and Oasis Central Minnesota – $100,000
- YMCA Recovery and Revitalization Plan: Brainerd Family YMCA, Camp Vanasek, Inc., Kinship Partners, Crow Wing Energized- Steering Committee, Northland Arboretum, and Ski Gull, Inc. – $100,000
- Helping Heal with Neurofeedback: Port of Crow Wing County, Inc. and Mid Minnesota Women's Center – $100,000
- ReConnecting Community: Wellness in the Woods and The Shop – $100,000
Preregistration is required to participate and vote. Find additional details for the nonprofit review event at sourcewell.co/nonprofitreview.
Local Government Review Day
When: June 16, 2021 – 1-3:30 p.m.
Who: Elected officials, staff, and board members of local government organizations in our five-county area of service (Cass, Crow Wing, Morrison, Todd, and Wadena counties)
Projects to be reviewed:
- Enhancements to the CWCUAS Program: Crow Wing County Sheriff's Office – $88,000
- Region 5 Collaborative Intensive Bridging Services: Morrison County Social Services – $240,000
- Resilient Housing Program of Cass County: City of Hackensack – $137,000
Preregistration is required to participate and vote. Find additional details for the government review event at sourcewell.co/govreview.