Fun(ctional) ideas for the summer months
Summer is so close, you can almost smell the sunscreen. If your big plans are to make no plans, we totally get it! But if you’re looking for opportunities to fill in some gaps, we have a few ideas.
Five beach-friendly opportunities:
1. Pop in your earbuds and catch up on an Ed Soul podcast or two. These segments are typically an hour or less and range in topics from cultures to careers and everything in between. Whether you’re on a walk, gardening, on the boat, or on the couch, tune in after you tune out for the summer!
2. Ever wonder what it would be like to be a farmer or a chef? Why not learn from one by participating in a paid externship? Sourcewell sponsors week-long, paid externships for teachers to work with a local business and help build school-to-business relationships as well as connect educators and classrooms with real-world skills.
3. Stare at the waves and catch some rays when you join us for the 2023 Sourcewell Educator Summit. Formerly known as the Minnesota Summit, this two-day networking opportunity – Aug. 8-9 – is taking place at the beautiful Breezy Point Resort and will feature keynotes and presentations from leading experts in education. Make a date with your colleagues and join us lakeside for this end-of-summer experience.
4. Whether it’s from your couch or one of our classrooms, consider signing up for one of our many summer courses. With such a broad array of opportunities, including Trauma-Informed Practices and Using STEM in Any Classroom, you’re bound to find something to help you continue your professional development through the summer months.
5. Borrow a book for the beach from Sourcewell’s lending library! Any education professional in Sourcewell’s five-county service area can take advantage of our library! There are hundreds of titles to peruse and use. So, check out what you can check out when you decide to check out for the summer! Phew!
Whatever you decide to do, we hope you find time to relax and recharge. Thank you for another great school year, and we’ll see you in August!